Dimensions of Freelander 2 are as follows:
- Wheelbase = 104.7 inches (2,659 mm)
- Length = 177.2 inches (4,501 mm)
- Width = 75.2 inches (1,910 mm)
- Height = 68.5 inches (1,740 mm)
The Land Rover Freelander 2 ran from 2007 – 2015 and offered more refined features and higher ground clearance to its predecessor the Freelander 1.
Land Rover decided not to offer a 3 door version in the Freelander 2 and all models came in a standard 5 door specification.
All engine types came with a 6-speed transmission with the most popular in the UK being the 2.2L 160 hp diesel TD4 and the 190 hp SD4.
Interestingly for the first time ever Land Rover produced a purely two-wheel drive version of the Freelander 2.
The 2.2L diesel eD4 was built from 2011 and did not come with the terrain response and hill descent control systems. Replacing the standard 4WD option with a 2WD resulted in a reduction of overall weight, fuel consumption and emissions.
- 2.0L petrol Ford Eco Boost 243 PS I4
- 3.2L petrol Ford SI6 233 PS I6
- 2.2L diesel Ford Duratorq 150 PS eD4
- 2.2L diesel Ford Duratorq 160 PS TD4
- 2.2L diesel Ford Duratorq 190 PS SD4